|Interior of Marriott Inner Harbor|
Today, I will be hitting the friendly skies heading to Baltimore. You can read about it here the reason for my visit. While there I will be sharing a room with 3 other ladies. This is a good thing because 1...we are saving money and 2....bonding time with each other, but on the flip side it can possibly cause some anxiety not knowing what to expect being a roommate.
Below are a few tips that I think will make you or someone you know the "damn near the perfect roomie."
1. Let's chat! Once it's decide on who will be sharing the room, create a group chat thru either Whattsapp or GroupMe on your android or iphone and invite the ladies to join. By doing this its a great way to break the ice, answer and ask questions etc....until check-in time.
2. It's all about the money! The very next thing is to get the $$$ talk out the way ASAP. Someone has to take this task on and be the one to make the deposit(if required) or make the whole payment upon arrival to the hotel for the group. Laura-thanks for making the reservation for our room with no hesitation. You rock girl!
3. Hold up....does that cost...money? Before you grab that soda, drink, or pop....etc...out of that refrigerator make sure there is no charge to enjoy those items. Last thing anyone want is additional charges to their bill.
4. Are you done in there yet? Because we are all ladies and we all want and need our primp (yeah, I'm a little ole school, lol) time in the bathroom. We still have to be considerate to the other ladies we are rooming with. Have a discussion about bathroom time in advance-if you are on a time schedule. Prime example...the ladies I am rooming with we are all volunteering at the same conference event and have to be there early each day, so we have to be real strategic with our time in the bathroom.
4. Give a roomie gift. Now this is not mandatory, just a nice gesture. Remember you want to be the "damn near the perfect roomie."
5. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. On your last night together, reminisce with your roomies on your time together, because in the morning you will hug it out and all will be heading separate ways going home.
What tip would you add to this list?