Hola! The last few days thoughts have been popping up in my head as I'm working my 9-5, "Why do I Blog?" Now I am not a writer by trade, but a few years back I wanted to pursue a career in Public Relations and I knew PR professionals do some writing and I wanted to to brush up on my writing and prepare myself for what was to come(writing)...kind of like being a few steps ahead of myself.
Here I am 5 years later from that thought and still not working in the Public Relations field, but I am still blogging. Why? I actually really come to enjoy blogging. Now my blog is not as big as other blogs-yet, but that is ok; my blog is my baby.
Here are a few other reasons why I like to blog:
- It's free therapy. You can write until your heart is content
- I have met, interacted and became friends with some great bloggers
- Great opportunities can come from blogging....i.e working with brands, collaborating with other bloggers etc...
- It's slowly helping me come out of my comfort zone
- Reading comments left by my readers
Looks like I will be blogging for a little while longer.
If you are a blogger, why do you blog? If you are not a blogger have you ever considered blogging?