|The Spirit of Detroit|
I’m always traveling back and forth home to Michigan often to visit family and friends. Even though I am no an actual product of Detroit, I am from a suburb of Detroit, a small city named Inkster to be exact but I still love the city.
I know you probably have heard some not great things about the City of Detroit, but Detroit is not all bad there is some great things about this beautiful city.
Just on my recent visit there 2 weeks ago…I decided to actually book my hotel stay in Detroit (something I rarely do) at the Renaissance Center and enjoy a few of the attractions and take a few pictures of the city.
A few great things about Detroit that I enjoy:
- The art work
|Joe Louis "the Fist"|
|Joe Louis "the fist"|
- We are a hop, skip and a jump from Canada, which make for a quick weekend get-away
- Our Sports…we are the city of the Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons & the Detroit Red Wings
- The Auto-Show to see some of the hottest cars. After all, we are the MotorCity
- The Detroit Riverfront…makes for a great walk or run. The Riverfront is 3-miles along the river and you can look right over at Canada
- The People Mover is the rail transit system that takes you around the city of Detroit only, but makes for a fun ride as a tourist
- The Renaissance Center (know as the Ren Cen). This is where my hotel was located is a group of interconnected skyscrapers located on the Riverfront. The Ren Cen is a 73-story building with shopping, restaurants, banks, a four-screen movie theater and the Marriott Hotel
|The Renaissance Center|
|View from the 17th floor of my room|
There is so much more to the great City of Detroit to where I can't put it all in one blog post.
Have you thought about visiting Detroit, Michigan?